OCS Elbow Material
“EVAL and TREAT”
As we have done with the previous joints, we will go through a simple screening process for the elbow, as if the patient were to attend therapy through direct access or a simple “eval and treat” prescription.
A thorough subjective interview should take place. Some sample questions are listed below:
• Was there a specific MOI? Where is the pain located?
• Does the pain move distally/proximally?
• Is numbness and tingling present?
• What movement or specific activities increase your symptoms (sxs)?
• What decreases yours sxs?
• Is there any specific change in sxs from head or posture movement?
• Any past medical history or previous pertinent history?
• Does wrist motion increase sxs?
• Does shoulder motion increase sxs?
o Forward Head
o Rounded/IR shoulders
o Shoulder height
o Scapular positioning
• General observations that should be noted?
• What is the carrying ankle?
o Women average of 13 degrees
o Men average of 10 degrees
Photo credit: Internet Archive Book Images via Foter.com / No known copyright restrictions