Lateral Epicondylitis Part II
Cervical nerve roots associated with pain are C5, 6, 7.
Radial nerve entrapment and division of radial nerve the posterior Interosseus nerve. Entrapment syndromes are typically associated with hyperalgesia ar allodynia.
ULTT 2B: Radial Bias- Reproduction of sxs
• Rest – Removal of repetitive stress
• Ice – Control inflammation
• NSAIDS – Control Inflammation
• Gentle passive stretching – Pain free
• Initiation of Isometric – Pain free
• Isotonic strengthening – Pain free
Elbow strap/brace allowing for pressure relief to the common extensor tendons may be used for pain reduction and stress reduction.
Injections may be used in conjunction with therapy management and have been proven to be more effective with short term pain relief. Injections are typically performed only after initial round of therapy have not been affective.
Upper Limb Tension Tests
• ULTT 1, Media nerve Bias, C5, 6, 7, 8, T1
• ULTT 2A, Median Nerve Bias, C5, 6, 7, 8, T1
• ULTT 2B, Radial Nerve Bias, C5, 6, 7, 8
• ULTT 3, Ulnar nerve Bias, C8, T1
Photo credit: StuSeeger via Foter.com / CC BY